I should start by saying that I used to have a Ben & Jerry’s Chunky Monkey ‘thing’. I can’t really call it a problem, because I didn’t eat all the time. So it was a Chunky Monkey fling. When I would get some, I’d say to myself, ‘Self you are only going to have a little’. It never happens. And can we talk about the calorie count? So- I stay away from it, especially these days. If I’m going to splurge, I usually go for cheese.
However, once in awhile I crave sweet.
Enter, Banana Whip. I can’t take credit for this recipe. Mama’s Weeds gets my undying gratitude for this. I was actually looking for some low fat and sugar ideas for banana bread.
BAM! I see a bowl of this smooth and creamy goodness… I almost licked the screen of my Mac because this banana whip looked so good. Let me tell you, Alison (Mama’s Weeds author) was waxing poetic about this banana whip. She swore all she used was frozen bananas.
Yeah right- this whip looked like chunky monkey without the chunky…. Surely she can’t be serious. (She was serious, and don’t call her Shirley)
- Slice a few bananas and place on a cookie sheet
- When frozen put the chunks on the food processor
- For the first minute it will look like a lumpy mess and you will curse me and say I don’t know what I’m talking about. get past this feeling.
- Scape the lumpy stuff off the sides and turn the food processor back on again
- Like magic (no really, David Copperfield/Criss Angel kind of magic) poof, it’s a creamy mass of deliciousness.
Calories per serving of Chunky Monkey 290