This sandwich tastes as juicy as it looks. Lemon balsamic goodness ran down my arm as I took a bite. Yes, it was so good that I can admit that I was eating like a kid. A sandwich is best when ingredients are fresh!!!
After the hubbub of the holiday you may not feel like cooking a huge meal. The marinade and the pesto are the stars in this movie….
Classic Pesto Recipe
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves, packed
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan-Reggiano or Romano cheese
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup pine nuts or walnuts
- 3 medium sized garlic cloves, minced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Juice of one lemon
- Mix the basil in with the pine nuts, pulse a few times in a food processor. Add the garlic, pulse a few times more.
- Slowly add the olive oil and lemon juice in a constant stream while the food processor is on. Stop to scrape down the sides of the food processor with a spatula. Add the grated cheese and pulse again until blended. Add salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- 4-5 portabella mushrooms cleaned and whole
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 lemons juiced
- 1 handful fresh parsley
- 3/4 c extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 c balsamic vinegar
- Blend all ingredients
- Marinade mushrooms for 1-2 hours
- Grill for 7 minutes on each side
- Assemble sandwiches with your favorite toppings and pesto