Looking for a great easy low-carb treat? Try portabella pizzas! I know, I know I’ve been doing quite a few low-carb recipes lately. I’ve been actively trying to cut white sugar out of my diet. I’ll slowly figure out how much flour my body can take but I do think moderation is key. That said, I’m committed to enjoying mealtime. There’s no way I can manage lifestyle changes if I have to eat the same boring things day after day. No. Way. Enter the giant portabella mushroom. I’ve enjoy them as ‘rolls’ for a salmon burger, stuffed with goodies and now as a personal pizza. This is a great Friday hangin’ at home with the family or an easy Meatless Monday recipe. Use whatever toppings you like!
- giant portabella mushrooms (1 per person)
- favorite toppings
- favorite sauce (I used bruschetta topping but next time I’ll use pesto!)
- fresh basil
- fresh mozzarella cheese
1. Remove stem and gills (insides) from the mushroom
2. Get your toppings ready! (I sautéed eggplant, garlic, fresh basil and italian spices)
3. Top shrooms with sauce
4. Add toppings
5. Add cheese
6. Cook for 10 minutes in a 400 degree oven
What are your favorite alternative pizza crusts?
Tell us in the comments section! Stay inspired everybody!