A ‘Frankenstorm’ may be barreling toward my neighborhood, but I’m focused on more important things. Meatless Monday baby. A little wind and rain can’t keep this girl down! And let’s face it if the lights go out I am not looking to eat PB&J and dried goods. Pasta keeps well in the fridge and can be made into a salad!The mushrooms are the only thing that take some time to cook.
- Button mushrooms
- Butter – one teaspoon
- Olive oil – one tablespoon
- Fresh Thyme – 5 sprigs
- Sea salt – one teaspoon
- White wine – 1/4 cup
- Shallots – 2 small chopped
- Fresh garlic – 2 cloves minced
- Mâche Rosettes – 2 cups loosely packes
- Parmesan cheese – shredded 1/4 cup
- Fresh black pepper
- Farfalle – cooked al dente 2 3 cups
- Slow cook the mushrooms. Over low heat melt the butter and olive oil.
- Add the shallots and garlic.
- Add the mushrooms, thyme, salt, pepper, white wine and lemon juice.
- Cook the mushrooms over very low to low heat for 45 minutes (covered)
- While the 15 minutes before the mushrooms are done prepare the farfalle.
- Drain the pasta and reserve a few tablespoons of the liquid.
- Add the pasta to the mushrooms. Gently toss.
- Add the mâche rosettes. Toss again.
- Put pasta on serving dish and top with shredded parm and more black pepper!!